Monday, December 28, 2009

Crafty Update

Gull Pattern Preemie Hat made for Knit One, Save One

I'm back! I've had a long break from blogging as I dealt with other issues in my life. Things are a bit calmer now and I'm ready to get back to posting about my crafty adventures.

Even though I've not been writing, I've continued to make and create. I've made quite a few baby hats over the past year for charity. My school group donated over 1000 hats to Save the Children's Knit One, Save One campaign last year and I had the joy of accompanying a group of my students to Washington, DC for a Save the Children volunteer event.

The Arthur Dollhouse (w/red clay bricks, white clapboard siding--no shingles yet)

I've also adopted a few other craft interests recently. The first is building dollhouses. A dollhouse is something I always wanted as a little girl, so I decided to build one with my DD. It is still a work in progress, but it's coming along well! The above house is only about halfway done. We still need to finish the roof and outside trim before starting to decorate the inside.

The most recent new craft I've taken up is scrapbooking! Again, it's something I've wanted to do for ages and am finally making the time to begin. I recently finished my first layout featuring my DD at bathtime.

I have SO much to learn about scrapbooking and have been doing a lot of reading and surfing to learn about techniques for creating layouts, journaling, lettering, and more. I advised our school yearbook for almost 10 years, so I have a good understanding of design and what looks good on a page, but even though there's lots I can apply, scrapbooking is a different animal. It's been a lot of fun and I have a lot of pictures to scrap, so look out!

No comments: